Monday, November 1, 2010

Lazy Mountain

On Saturday, Brittany and I decided to hike Lazy Mountain. I had hiked it once during my second week in Alaska with Nikki and Matthew, and have been wanting to do it again since. Brittany had heard quite a bit about it from me and Nikki, and wanted to give it a try as well. Plus we want to try and climb it throughout the winter, so we figured now would be a good time to start.

Late last week, the snow came and left a nice blanket over the mountain, so we knew it would be different hiking in the snow, but we were excited nonetheless. It turns out, the day was gorgeous, and we had a great time!

Brittany at the trailhead preparing to head UP!
Gorgeous views. While we were hiking up the mountain, I was thinking about how exactly a year ago, I was playing in my last collegiate soccer game, and how I had no idea that in a year I would be hiking a mountain in Alaska. How sweet is that?
Brittany, Osa and I at the top!





View from the top looking out over the Matanuska River and at Pioneer Peak.
Osa (our friend Mary's dog), was the HAPPIEST dog alive on the way back down the mountain. She was definitely in her element, and was leaping and bounding all over the place the whole way down. She's a lucky pup!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good photographer, Lauren! I love your pictures :) Especially the last two ones.

    ReplyDelete