Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Winter. Is. Here.

Well, as I mentioned in my last update, winter definitely came full force while I was out of the state. I returned to negative temps, and though the past few days have been above zero, they haven't hit 10 degrees. It's also getting pretty dark. Currently, the sun is fully above the horizon by 9:30am, and its fully below the horizon around 4:00pm, which isn't too bad, but each day there is a noticeable difference.

However, despite the cold and diminishing sun, I've still been bundling up and going for frosty, snowy runs with Julie Rose, my running buddy. I've also been dog/house sitting this past week for a family that lives on a big plot of land on Lazy Mountain, so Sammy the pup and I have gone on a fair share of winter walks in the woods (except for today, when we were forced to turn around after coming upon a group of six BIG moose!).

Needless to say, I'm loving being back, even with the cold temps and darkness. I am looking forward to spending Thanksgiving at the Rose house in a few days, and then enjoying the start of the Christmas season!

Meet Sammy the pup.
Glimering sunrise on Lazy Mountain (don't let the warm colors deceive you - it was FREEZING out)
He is one. happy. pup. when he's running :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds and looks so wonderful!! And I must add (considering my love for dogs) that Sammy looks soooo happy out there with you! What a BEAUTIFUL dog!

    ReplyDelete