Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Movin' to the Big City

After almost three years in the Matanuska Susitna Valley, I made the move to the big city, known to many in Alaska as 'Los Anchorage' :) There are certainly a few things that will be missed in Wasilla - the close proximity to some of my favorite Alaska mountains, the spacious office, one of my favorite running trails, my lovely apartment, and most of all, the wonderful Rose family. But - we know that the valley is only a short drive away, and I'll be sure to visit!

That being said, I am happy to be in Anchorage now! We (my friend and co-worker Kara and I) found a place less than a 10 minute walk from First Covenant Church, where our little branch of the CYAK office will be located. Our apartment looks out over a park (which has already provided lots of great people watching - a few examples: quiddich matches, soccer games, accordion playing, and so much more), and we can even see the mountains out all of our windows! We are a short walk from downtown, and are close to a couple of great running/xc skiing trails. Plus - we're in the same city as our boyfriends now...which is without a doubt an added bonus :) Feeling pretty happy to be here!

Packin' up the Uhaul.
The moving dream team! 
Gumbo to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment