Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Gathering

Hello all!

First of all, I am sorry it has been so long since my last post! I have been quite busy, and then my internet went out for a few days due to a wind storm...but I am back! I wanted to share a little about my past weekend in big Lake, Alaska.

As some of you might already know, as part of its ministry, Covenant Youth of Alaska plans and organizes different youth retreats for various age groups of Native Alaskans throughout the year. The Gathering is a semi-annual retreat for the campus ministries throughout the state. There were students from the University of Alaska-Fairbanks, the University of Alaska-Anchorage, Alaska Christian College, Amundsen Educational Center, and Job Corps. It was so great to be able to get to know some of the students and enjoy a peaceful weekend in the beauty of Alaska. I hope you enjoy the pictures!!

The whole group! Camp Maranatha, Big Lake, AK.

Morning glory.

Morning Worship.
Shooting guns! I tried three times and missed every one!
Brave souls taking the polar plunge! Brrrr.
NINJA!
Beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a great weekend!! That's so cool you're trying new things! I don't know if I would've had the guts to try shooting! >.<
    Did you go for a dip in the icy water too? :) BRR!

    ReplyDelete