Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Made it!

After seven long days of driving, my dad and I pulled into Wasilla on Friday afternoon. Although I think it is safe to say that a long road trip at this point sounds less than appealing, I am happy to report that the trek was easier than expected. The roads were in good condition, we had fairly good weather, and there were lots of beautiful sights along the way. Our day to day schedule is below, and I have added some pictures of the highlights of the trip as well!

Night one: Shelby, Montana.
Night two: Banff, Alberta.
Night three: Grand Cache, Alberta.
Night four: Liard Hot Springs, British Columbia.
Night five: Whitehorse, Yukon Territories.
Night six: Tok, Alaska.

On the glass at the top of the Calgary Tower!
Downtown Banff.
Lake Moraine.
Dawson City, BC.
Herd of Buffalo near Liar Hot Springs!
The "world famous" sign post forest in Watson Lake, YT.
Met up with a friend, Vanessa, (who I met in Sweden) in Whitehorse, of all places!
Made it to ALASKA!
Beautiful fall colors just past Tok.



4 comments:

  1. Lauren, I love the pictures!! They look like paintings, it's beautiful!! Especially Banff :) The United States are so rich in variety, great.

    AND you could meet Vanessa - I am happy for you two! Oh I am excited to read more more more :) Have a good start! Love, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your buffalo picture! i tried to get one when that happened to me but they were all really blurry...

    - vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these look so amazing! I really would like to go there some day... Nice that you're writing this =)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren!! I am so happy to see that you made it safely to Alaska!! Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL, as usual! The state of Alaska should pay you for tourism or something because you definitely make me want to visit! I would like to see you of course too! ;)
    That's awesome you got to meet up with Vanessa! And you saw BUFFALO! :)

    ReplyDelete