Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fair flowers and fresh fegetables...vegetables.

One of my favorite parts about Alaska in the summer is all of the flowers and fresh vegetables! There are so many different types of wildflowers that grow throughout the summer – and they grow EVERYWHERE. Plus, in late spring our landlord built a few vegetable boxes, and now we have fresh veggies! We planted lettuce, kale, snap peas, green onions, broccoli (though it wasn't too successful), zucchini, and a bunch of flowers.

Not only that, but the other day I was riding my bike and I saw a sign for fresh produce just a little over a mile down the road from where I live. It was an idyllic little place called Larson's Nursery. They have all kinds of flowers and fresh produce to choose from. I talked for a while with the owner, and he said that on Saturday mornings, they have fresh strawberries, so needless to say, I will be back! Next time, I'll be sure to bring my camera so I can share what a great find this place is!

Wildflowers picked from along the road in front of my apartment.
Fireweed at Bible Camp in Unalakleet.
California Poppies in our garden!
Daisies from along the road!
Mary getting ready to chop some kale from our garden!
Lettuce from the garden.
Carrots and squash from Larson's Nursery, and kale and snap peas from our garden. YUMMO!



1 comment:

  1. Girl i dunno if its just your skiiills as a photographer but these vegetables look inccreedible! better than ours!

    ReplyDelete