Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reed Lakes

It's a two-post sort of day. There's just so much going on at this time of year! Multiple CYAK retreats, beautiful weather, and fall colors all call for lots of photos, and therefore multiple blog posts in a single day. Yesterday I had the day off, and so I wanted to take advantage of it and go hiking. I went with my friends Mary and Ingrid (and their dogs) to Hatcher's Pass to hike Reed Lakes trail. I'd heard about this trail since I got to Alaska, and now I know why. It is beautiful. See for yourself!

So pretty!
Fresh huckleberries for a snack.
So proud of Pierre the pup for making it over the boulders despite his fears!
Looking back down the valley.
Osa found a duck. Also... I am definitely coming back when it is warmer to go SWIMMING in this glorious little pool.
Reed Lake numero uno.

Such a beautiful spot. About 10 minutes after this picture was taken, tons of huge snowflakes began to fall! In September!
Gold. Heading back down.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren,

    what a wonderful adventure you are having and it looks as if you are meeting some wonderful friends as well. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Aunt Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Chris!

    I am so glad you guys are following along and enjoying it! :) I am having a wonderful time for certain. I'm looking forward to the next time I'm in KC and I can see you guys! Take care!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete