Saturday, January 21, 2012

Back in Alaska

Well, I've already been back in Alaska for almost two weeks, but it feels like I never left. The sun has been shining bright, which has been WONDERFUL, even with the consistent sub zero temps, and even though its still January, the change in daylight is significant, and very noticeable - thank goodness! It's only uphill from here :)

As I mentioned in my last post, my camera started acting up, and so I sent it in to Nikon to get some work done. Fortunately, it looks like I'll be getting it back in a about a week, so I won't have to go too much longer without it! That being said, I do have friends with cameras, and so Julie, I am borrowing your pictures for this blog post. Hope you don't mind!

I'd have to say the best day back so far was last Saturday when Julie, Matthew and I went snowshoeing on the Palmer hay flats. It was cold, but calm, and absolutely beautiful. If you ever come visit me, we will go there, that is a promise - its only 10 minutes from where I live - so it really is a must.  I love finding ways to get outside and get some fresh air no matter the time of year - and am so thankful for friends who feel the same way! I'll include some pics from that afternoon, and hope to have some of my own to share with you soon!

Heading down the hill to the flats.
Running into the abyss! (The flats stretch for miiiiiles).
Before we got too frosty: me, Matthew (CYAK youth worker in Mekoryuk, AK) and Julie (CYAK worker in Anchorage)
Moose tracks into the setting sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment