Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nostalgia

This post doesn't really have to do with Alaska, but I'm going to mention it nonetheless. Just about three years ago I arrived in Karlstad, Sweden to study for five months. It feels so long ago, and yet at the same time I can close my eyes and be there in an instant, as if it were yesterday.Those five months were such a gift, and I know I wouldn't be who I am today without them. Sometimes when I sit down and think about my time there and all the friends I made, the places I saw, the experiences I had and the things I learned, it makes me really nostalgic, and sometimes sad because of how much I miss it. But in the end I am just so incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to do something as cool and rewarding as studying abroad! So here is a tribute to those five months. And with that, I will leave the address of my blog in Sweden for lots of reminiscing (on my part)! www.laureninsweden.blogspot.com

Dear friends: Kam Pui from Hong Kong, Anja from Magdeburg, Germany, Antje from Berlin, Germany, me, and Keilin from San Francisco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment