Thursday, August 2, 2012

Flowers All Year

I love flowers. And so does Alaska because they are everywhere. I realize that many of them are considered to be weeds but I figure they're pretty, and they're not going anywhere (especially if they are weeds), so I am going to enjoy them! Last Sunday I went on a bike ride with the sole purpose of finding flowers to dry for the winter so I can enjoy flowers all year. An hour later, after biking quite a bit, walking through lots of tall grass, avoiding several surprisingly huge spiders, and peeling spider webs off my legs (all completely worth it), I had a bag full of beautiful flowers of all different colors. And now I have them to enjoy for the winter!

Pure joy.
Drying for winter!





2 comments:

  1. I like this idea, Lauren! Let me know which ones dry nicely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also...this is Erica, not Jamie. I doubt he cares much about drying flowers :)

      Delete